Ingrid Michaelson covers Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know"

"Somebody That I Used to Know" was the 'it' song to cover for a few months. If it wasn't for Carley Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" to come along, it would still be covered incessantly. I have heard a lot of bad attempts, but then I watched/listened to Ingrid Michaelson's version in which she plays all of the instruments and sings all of the vocals.

I wasn't a big fan of Michaelson's until a girl opened my ears to her music. She's a talented songwriter and performs honest songs. I would even recommend picking up her latest album "Human Again". This is a huge endorsement since I haven't had too many female singer/songwriters that have impressed me.

Here is the 14th video I have posted during our 'Cover Song Month"...after the jump.

By: TwitterButtons.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers