Amanda Palmer covers Radiohead's "Idioteque"

We are 1/3 of the way through 'Cover Song Month'.

This Radiohead cover came on a sampler I received last year. It didn't register in my head that the song was a Radiohead cover until I put it on my iPod and it shuffled this track while I was at the gym. There are thousands of "Idioteque" covers on YouTube, but Amanda Palmer's version stands out.

Palmer was in the news recently because she was the first artist to raise $1 million dollars using the FIY site 'Kickstarter'. Her goal was to only raise $100k. The site let's artists post projects that need funding and takes pledges from people. If the project meets its predetermined fiscal goal, the artist gets the money that was pledged.

The video of Palmer's Radiohead cover is after the jump...

By: TwitterButtons.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers