NFL Week 7: Fantasy Football Sit/Start

Week 6 was a great week for many fantasy football stars and this week should be the same. There are some very favorable match-ups. I made some nice picks last week and I hope I helped you win your league. I advised to sit Brandon Jacobs and Mark Sanchez and told you to start Jeremy Shockey and Rashard Mendenhall. I hope I can help out this week with my Sit'em or Start'em for Week 7.

Before I start, I just want to ask you a question. The Colts are playing the Rams this week, can they surpass the 59-0 score the Patriots laid on the Titans? I think it will be pretty darn close to it. Without further adieu, here are my picks...

START'EM

Peyton Manning - He had a bye week to rest and now he has the Rams throw against in a glorified scrimmage game for the Colts.

DeAngelo Williams - Carolina has finally given up on Jake Delhomme and are going to start running the ball on every down. Pick up Jonathan Stewart if he's available in your league as well.

Marques Colston - Drew Brees likes to spread the ball around, but he'll get his touches against Miami this weekend.

Hines Ward - He is off to a great start this year and Ben Roethlisberger is really looking for him. He'll have a nice game against Minnesota.

Thomas Jones - I wasn't very high on him, but with Mark Sanchez looking like Jake Delhomme, I would expect the Jets to run the ball more.

Cedric Benson - Benson will be out for blood against his old team. The Bears haven't been too consistent against the run and he's been on fire.

Miles Austin - Can he duplicate the 250 yard performance? No, but he'll get a lot of targets against the Falcons.

Donald Driver - Give me a good veteran receiver against the Browns secondary any week. Aaron Rodgers will be looking for him all game.

Sidney Rice - I had him as my sleeper pick for the Vikings at the beginning of the year and he has turned into Favre's #1 deep target. He'll stretch PIttsburgh's secondary and get a few deep balls.

Green Bay Defense - Until Derek Anderson looks like a professional quarterback, start any defense that he plays against.

Vernon Davis - I liked him about every week and I think he'll have a nice game against the Texans. He's coming off of a bye and he'll be rested.

Frank Gore - Speaking of 49ers coming off of the bye, Gore will be back from his ankle sprain. The Texans are bad against the run and his will be a nice return for him.

Jacoby Jones - He is turning into a better option than Kevin Walter in Houston. He has speed and can do damage after the catch.

Johnny Knox - He's becoming Jay Cutler's favorite target in the passing attack and he'll get his share of targets against the Bengals.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis - DEEP LEAGUE START - The Patriots aren't completely sold on Laurence Maroney and they'll have a nice lead at halftime, so expect a lot of carries from the backfield in the 2nd half against Tampa Bay.


SIT'EM

Eli Manning - His injury scares me and I am not sure if he'll be 100%. He didn't look right against the Saints

Both Steve Smiths - I don't like the Carolina verson because the Panthers do not trust Delhomme at all. The Giants version will need Manning to be 100% healthy to be effective.

Brandon Jacobs - I hate to be so Giants heavy with my Sit'ems, but how bad has he looked this year? Big running backs tend to show their age faster than smaller running backs.

Steve Slaton - If he can't start getting the running game going, they will be forced to use Chris Brown more in games. If he has a couple more mediocre weeks, he could be in danger of losing his starting job.

Braylon Edwards - Mark Sanchez will not throwing as much against Oakland and Edwards still isn't fully into the offense yet.

Matt Forte - Yes, another disappointing 1st-round running back. I've been anti-Forte for most of the year and he still looks slow. How can a guy age 10 years after his rookie season?

Mohammed Massaquoi - He might be the #1 receiver in Cleveland, but if the QB can't get him the ball, what is he worth? Green Bay's secondary is great and will be a blanket on the Browns receivers all game.

Pittsburgh Steelers Defense - They are usually an automatic start, but I fear Minnesota's offense. They are really clicking right now and Adrian Peterson and Brett Favre could have nice weeks.

Roy Williams - Tony Romo seems to have given up on him and he's not completely healthy. I would stay away from him this week.

Chris Cooley - Until the Redskins get their offense in order, I would stay away from Cooley and any other player on the Redskins.

Jeremy Maclin - I fear that he could be a one-week wonder. Rookie wide receivers are very unpredictable and it's all about matchups. I would stay away from him this week.

Bernard Berrian - Sidney Rice is the deep threat on the Vikings. That used to be Berrian's job, 'cause he isn't much of a possession receiver. If he doesn't have the deep routes, he's not very useful.

BallHype: hype it up! submit to reddit Digg my article

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers