NCAA Football - Week 6 Betting Picks

Week 5 was a pretty good week for my picks. I went 10-4 against the spread and picked a few money-line winners. There are some good games this week and some games that the lines look a little skewed. Can America's White Boy's weekly upset team, Wyoming, keep their winnings ways against the spread? Here are my Week 6 College football betting picks against the spread.

I am throwing out two games that I would advise to avoid this week. Iowa/Michigan will be tricky and both teams have been severely inconsistent. I would also like to add the Connecticut/Pittsburgh into that category as well. Both of those teams haven't play any top-tier teams and you really don't know what kind of teams they are. UConn beat North Carolina earlier this year, but UNC has had a few bad games this year already. The line for the LSU/Florida game hasn't been released yet, but once I find out if Tim Tebow is listed as playing, I will update this post.

Nebraska (-3) at Missouri (+3) - My pick is Missouri

Missouri has won the last two games against Nebraska by a combined total of 93-23. Missouri doesn't have Daniel or Maclin anymore, but they still match up well against the Cornhuskers. The Tigers are at home, so I expect a good showing. I'll take the points and Missouri in this game.

West Virginia (-10) at Syracuse (+10) - My pick is West Virginia

Syracuse has had a hard schedule this year and they don't have any easy opponents. The Mountaineers have looked strong this year and should win this game by a few touchdowns. Syracuse is a decent team, but when you play the best teams, you look horrible.

Michigan State (-4.5) at Illinois (+4.5) - My pick is Michigan State

Illinois is a trainwreck and they've benched Juice Williams in favor of Eddie McGee as their starting quarterback. Michigan State looks to have finally righted the ship last week against Michigan and they should win this game by at least a touchdown. I like the Spartans to win this game on the road.

Auburn (-2.5) at Arkansas (+2.5) - My pick is Auburn

Auburn had a bad year in 2008, but so far this year, they have did what they had to do to stay undefeated. Arkansas has relied on the passing game to win, but have fell short in 2 out of the last 3 games. I like Auburn to win this game on the road as the slight favorites and cover ATS.

Georgia (+1.5) at Tennessee (-1.5) - My pick is Georgia

The Vols are a better team under Lane Kiffin, but they still have a lot to prove. They have been competitive in games, but haven't won any big games. They are favored in this game, but I look for Georgia to go into Knoxville and win this game. The Bulldogs are good and I believe that their defense will finally show up in this game.

New Mexico (+10) at Wyoming (-10) - My pick is New Mexico

I usually don't pick against Wyoming this year, but they haven't won their games by much this year and 10 points seems like a little too much. If it was down to maybe 3, I would say Wyoming, but it is. New Mexico has been able to score points in their losses and I think this one stays close. New Mexico has won the last two games against Wyoming, but I think they will lose a close game, I pick New Mexico ATS.

Houston (+1) at Mississippi State (-1) - My pick is Houston

Houston has looked great this year, but lost a shootout against UTEP last week. They can still put points up and Mississippi State has given up a lot. Houston should be able to throw all over the Bulldogs and win this game. I like Houston to win this game, take the money-line.

Wisconsin (+16) at Ohio State (-16) - My pick is Wisconsin

Ohio State's defense has finally started to click, but the history of the games between Wisconsin and Ohio State have been nail-biters. A 16-point spread is a large number for any Big Ten game and I don't see Ohio State covering that large of a spread. The game will be closer than that, so give me the points and I'll pick Wisconsin.

Utah (-7.5) at Colorado State (+7.5) - My pick is Utah

The spread offense can do damage to any defense and Utah runs it as good as any team. Colorado State has a couple nice wins under their belt this season, but Utah is a much better team

Stanford (-1) at Oregon State (+1) - My pick is Stanford

Jim Harbaugh has the Stanford Cardinal playing very well this year and Oregon State has also shown up for some big games this season. I like both of these teams going forward this season, but I like Stanford to win a close game on the road.

East Carolina (-6.5) at SMU (+6.5) - My pick is East Carolina

SMU, thanks to June Jones, has a high-powered passing attack, but they have not had any big wins so far this season. East Carolina has played a couple marquee games and faired well, but did not win either of those contests. East Carolina is good at forcing turnovers and expect them to get some points off of them against SMU. Give me East Carolina to cover the spread in this game.

Georgia Tech (+2.5) at Florida State (-2.5) - My pick is Georgia Tech

Bobby Bowden is under a lot of pressure in Tallahassee and this is a must win game for them. Georgia Tech has looked impressive this season and should give the Seminoles a good game. I look for the Yellow Jackets to go into Florida State and win against a distracted team. If you pick Georgia Tech, pick the money line, I think they have a chance.

Arizona (-3) at Washington (+3) - My pick is Washington

Why is this line not favoring the Huskies? Have we not learned anything the last few weeks? Washington is a pretty good team and they will be dangerous at home. Arizona has a better record and a win at Oregon State, but Washington are clutch. I will take Washington and the points in this game.

BallHype: hype it up! submit to reddit Digg my article

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers