Song Of The Day - Scars On Broadway (They Say)

I've been a fan of System of Down since their self-titled album was released in the late 90's. I think that Serj Tankian is one of the smartest guys I've ever had the chance to talk to and his music should stand up years from now. Daron Malakian and John Dolmayan from SOAD, have a new side-project titled, "Scars On Broadway." Malakian did a lot of singing on SOAD's "Mezmerize" and "Hypnotize," so if you are a fan of those albums, you should love Scars on Broadway.

Scars on Broadway's self-titled debut album was released at the end of July. SOAD's bassist, Shavo Odadjian, was supposed to be in this side-project initially, but due to reasons unknown, he is not in Scars. Malakian has said in past interviews that Scars will be more song-based rock works, leaning towards classic rock. I can't confirm nor deny this, but from what I've heard from the album so far, it sounds eerily like a bastard son of the Mezmerize/Hypnotize albums. I like what they are doing and I hope Scars, Serj, and even Shavo have future albums while they are working on SOAD albums.

Here is the first video from Scars On Broadway, "They Say."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers