Will Dungy Cut Ties With Vick?

Dick Ebersol, the head of NBC Sports, has recently met with Tony Dungy about his relationship with Michael Vick. Dungy is a football analyst for NBC's "Football Night In America." A possible conflict of interest could be taking place with Dungy's involvement with Michael Vick's career. He has been instrumental in landing him a job with the Philadelphia Eagles and his spiritual guidance over the last few months. Do you think Dungy's relationship would interfere with his job at NBC?

I was listening to the Dan Patrick Show and he mention that Ebersol told Dungy that he needs to end his relationship with Michael Vick, due to conflict of interest. It is reported that Dungy has obliged and will end the professional relationship with the trouble quarterback. Now that he has a job, Ebersol thinks that Dungy's job is over. I believe he would still help Vick spiritually, since he preaches religion in all of his public speaking engagements and in his book, "Quiet Strength."

Dungy did have a conflict of interest with Vick, but it would be the same conflict that would happen if Peyton Manning would call him about information on an opponent. It's a double-edged sword and NBC didn't want that to muddle up the broadcasts.

I believe that Dungy would be critical of Vick if he had to on a national broadcast. If he ends up playing and made a horrible play, I believe Dungy would call him out on it. He has integrity and knows that he has a job to do, even if he has a strong personal or professional relationship with Michael Vick. I hope he can keep his nose clean without Dungy checking up on him. I know he has done horrible, horrible things in the past, but I believe in second chances. I haven't posted much about Michael Vick in the past, because I believe that everything about him, was overly-opinionated and so one-sided, it wasn't fair. I hope he turns around his life and can find piece without the competition of dog fighting forever.


BallHype: hype it up! submit to reddit Digg my article

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers