NCAA Football - Week 5 Betting Picks

Week 4 was a great week and a lot of upsets happened. I went 9-3 last week with my betting picks against the spread for Week 4. This week I have a lot of teams that cover and a few underdogs that I pick to win the game. Here are my college football picks against the spread for Week 5.

I once again leave off the Notre Dame game from my picks. I don't think that they could be in trouble against Washington, but they only play well at home. South Bend could have a decent game going on, but I'm staying away from it.

I want to add another game that I am staying away from and it's taking place in Bloomington, Indiana. Ohio State is going to play Indiana, which was supposed to be bad. They have impressed me a few times this season and I just don't know which way to go in that game. If you would have asked me two months ago about this game, Ohio State would win easily and the line would open up at around -20, but it's a different now and I'm staying away.

Pittsburgh (-6.5) at Louisville (+6.5) - My pick is Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh is a good team and Louisville didn't even win with the points last week against Utah. Pittsburgh is going to win this game by a few touchdowns, but the over/under could be nice, since this game will have a lot of points.

South Florida (-6.5) at Syracuse (+6.5) - My pick is South Florida

I like this line, since it's under a touchdown. Syracuse have only looked great in flashes and has barely put an entire game together. South Florida and that new quarterback should take care of business in Syracuse.

Northwestern (+7) at Purdue (-7) - My pick is Purdue

Neither of these teams have really impressed me, but Purdue is fairing better than expected. This line open at Purdue -6.5, but has moved. I would get in on this before it moves to -7.5, and a touchdown win would leave you in the loss column.

Toledo (-4.5) at Ball State (+4.5) - My pick is Toledo

I hate to pick against my alma mater, but Ball State is bad. They won against the spread in the Auburn game, but they the Cardinals scored some points in garbage time. Toledo played Purdue well, but laid up a goose egg against Ohio State. Toledo will score points against the bad Ball State defense..

Michigan (+1.5) at Michigan State (-1.5) - My pick is Michigan

I love the Wolverines in this game. This game opened at a pick'em, but moved towards the Spartans. Michigan will bounce back from a rough outing against Indiana.

Central Michigan (-8) at Buffalo (+8) - My pick is Central Michigan

Central Michigan has a star quarterback and should shred the Buffalo defense up. Buffalo has not looked very good at all this season and are much worse than their team from last season. Turner Gill can't work miracles, Central Michigan wins this game easily.

Penn State (-7) at Illinois (+7) - My pick is Penn State

I have had success picking against Illinois all season and I'm not going to stop this week. Penn State is still a good team, they lost to a good Iowa team and Illinois is very, very bad. I still feel that Penn State is a better team than Ohio State and they killed the Illini last weekend.

UNLV (+3.5) at Nevada (-3.5) - My pick is UNLV

Nevada's betting lines are still being swayed by last season's team. They are bad this year and I'm not buying them at home or on the road. UNLV may not be impressive either, but Nevada can't do anything right this year.

Wyoming (+3.5) at Florida Atlantic (-3.5) - My pick is Wyoming

No matter if it is FIU or FAU, both of them stink. Wyoming have looked good so far this season and I think that they travel to Florida Atlantic and take care of business.

Mississippi (-8) at Vanderbilt (+8) - My pick is Mississippi

I was hosed last week when Mississippi played South Carolina. I wasn't sold on the Gamecocks defense, but I'm officially sold, they're good. Mississippi will bounce back against the Commodores and Snead will light them on fire.

Oklahoma (-7.5) at Miami (+7.5) - My pick is Oklahoma

Miami has beaten some over-rated teams and somehow they shot up the rankings. Oklahoma lost a game when their quarterback was injured and the entire was in shock. The Sooners have looked great since and they will smoke the Hurricanes.

USC (-4.5) at California (+4.5) - My pick is USC

It's a shame that Stafon Johnson was injured in a weight room accident, but USC has depth at running back. Joe Mcknight will run all over and Cal could be over-rated after getting smoked by Oregon last week. Give me USC by at least a touchdown.

LSU (+3) at Georgia (-3) - My pick is LSU

Georgia can put up plenty of points, but LSU can stop them a few times this game. Georgia's defense is bad and it will be a shootout. Give me LSU in this high-scoring game.

I hope you enjoy our picks. They are for entertainment purposes and please bet responsibly.

BallHype: hype it up! submit to reddit Digg my article

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers