Must Read: DC Comics "Blackest Night"

I used to be into comics about ten years ago, but I recently found myself face first back into the world of mystery and super-powers. I have started reading the "Blackest Night" saga from DC Comics and I am hooked. The saga draws in The Flash, Green Lantern, Superman, Batman, and of all people, Hawkman. It's an interesting storyline that is suited to bring me back. I'm all in people, I'm a comic book nerd once again. Lock up your Magic: the Gathering cards and Risk, I'm officially off the wagon!

I don't want to spread a lot of spoilers in this post, since I'm sure what they call "fanboys" would probably burn me at the stake. I just wanted to fill you in why you should be reading this series.

I guess it all started with Green Lantern, yes the title is good again. Writer Geoff Johns has breathed life back into DC and made Green Lantern one of the best titles. He has also took over The Flash and made it easy for me to read. Ethan Van Sciver and Ivan Reis are the artists for those titles and they look really nice.

Basically, here is the back story for all of this. Everyone who has died from the DC Universe is coming back from the dead as "Black Lanterns." Their powers get energized by any emotion at all, which is quite the laundry list. I like this, since a lot of the characters that I knew back when I was reading, is coming back in some weird zombie-like form. A lot of characters that I didn't even know that died, is coming back. Am I the only person that didn't know that Bruce Wayne died? I'm just saying.

Anyways, it's a cool series and even if you were a casual comic book fan at some point, you should pick up the titles. There is the Blackest Night: Green Lantern Corps, Blackest Night: Superman, Blackest Night: Batman, and Blackest Night short-run series. I believe Blackest Night: Flash will be out soon and that title is pretty interesting since Barry Allen is back.

Anyway, I didn't want to show that I am a complete nerd now, but I think everyone will like this. Check it out.

BallHype: hype it up! submit to reddit Digg my article

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers