Can A Pink Shirt End Breast Cancer?

I had a conversation with my blogger friend Jerod Morris over on Twitter. He asked the question, "The NFL is stepping up to help end breast cancer, why can't the sports bloggers do their part and step up?" I took him up on that and we decided that I am going to wear a pink shirt all month to honor Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I am going to start at 9am October 1st and wear it through November 1st. I put a donation tab on the upper right-hand corner for donations. The donations will be going to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Everything that you give me will go directly to them at the end of the month. How much can a single blogger wearing a pink shirt earn for breast cancer research?

I'm 6'2 and weigh around 240 lbs and needlesstosay, pink is not very flattering on me, but it's an extremely small price to pay to donate even a single penny to this cause. I have thought about this and wearing one single pink shirt is something that I can't do without smelling up the place at work and my own apartment. I have decided that I am going to rotate two pink shirts and wear them the entire month. I want the world to take notice as this is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we should all take our part.

I am but one single sports blogger with a goal to help end breast cancer. My goal is to raise at least $5,000 dollars, but if I raise more than that, it will be a blessing. I will keep everyone updated on the site on the status of the shirts and the donations that we have received. Every penny counts and 100% of it will be going to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

Cancer in any form is a horrible disease, it has hit me close to home. My grandfather is fighting cancer and I have had friend lose their parents early and it is a shame. Early detection is the key and routine mammograms are necessary for a women, no matter what age. If you have a history of breast cancer in your family, keep up with your mammograms and physicals, until we get a cure for this horrible disease, that is the best way to catch it early.

So please donate to the cause, spread the word, and help one single sports blogger help end breast cancer. If you do not have Paypal and wish to donate, please email me at cletus_t@hotmail.com









No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers