How A Woman Nearly Took The "Sweet" Out Of Good Ole' Sweetbob

I usually try to keep my personal life out of this blog, but I have to explain my hiatus from updating this blog. I owe it to the readers who have been loyal to me over the last 2 1/2 years. I am ready to lay everything out on front street and move on. I promise that this will be my only post about my personal life. I'm sure the next post will be something about how the Chicago Cubs have ruined my life or how much I hate the Steelers. This should be a pretty epic post. Enjoy!

I don't know where to begin exactly, but I dated a girl for almost two years. It was a fun time, mostly, but it was kind of jacked for a good portion. I did a lot of writing during the time of our relationship and I grew this blog into a something that I was proud of. The blog went from maybe 100 readers a day to a few thousand a day and being linked by Sports Illustrated and few other well-known websites. Well, in February of this year, we broke up and I lost my motivation to write. I didn't see how I could write about the lighter side of sports and make my readers laugh, when I was having a hard time focusing on anything going on in my daily life. My ex hated that I would write and it would take time away from time with her. I blamed my writing for the demise of my relationship. I had obligations with Fanball to write about the Indiana Pacers and Columbus Blue Jackets. Those posts became harder and harder to write, I was suffering from an extreme case of writer's block. I went out and purchased books on the subject, I tried yoga, I ran out of things to cure the block. It was affecting many parts of my life, it was a complete creativity block. I decided that I had to completely step away from my online writing activity so I can work on myself.

I started writing a fiction book about a year or so ago. I've went through different ideas and pitched a lot of material, because I couldn't really get going on it at all. I hated everything that I would put down on paper. I was stuck at the brainstorming level and I needed a change of scenery. I decided to find a bar in the area that wasn't busy, so I could write in a place away from my desk. It was a Friday night and in Columbus, Ohio, it was a difficult task to find a bar that wasn't packed. I decided to go to a small bar near my place, that decision was the beginning of the end of my writer's block. I met someone that was interested in what I was doing and has really became a motivator to move on with the pursuit of my writing career. Well, a few days ago, she wanted me to write her something, because she has never read anything that I have written. It took me a few hours, but I finally got enough nerve to put some things on paper and it was an avalanche of ideas and emotion. Since I have written that for her, I've had a rush of creativity and new ideas. I've had a creativity boner for the past few days, think I should consult my physician?

I have had small hiatuses on this site and I have explained each one to my readers. There have not been any of them quite this long and I hope that this will be my last hiatus of any length. I realize that I am not solving life's problems with my writing, I just hope to give a snarky view of the world of sports and maybe some posts on betting lines (for entertainment purposes only, wink wink). I am not a sports betting handicapper, but I have always received positive feedback on my posts in the past.

I want to thank everyone for the kind words of encouragement and questions I have received on Twitter about when I am going to return to the blog. I just want to thank some of my friends that have been supportive in any way over the last few months. I want to list them (sorry this may bore you, but I promise you that there will be a payoff at the end of this post). I want to thank James, Kris1010, Peter, George, Laura, Amanda, Liz, Carrie, PJ (who needs Twitter), Cheryl, Fought, Carlos, Aron, ChadBev, Ryan & Chrissy, Laurie, Mehg, Bryan & Heather, Stuckey, my family, my blogger amigos, and Kriston, who helped me a few months ago and I'm not sure if I would be in this current state if I didn't walk into her bar on April 23rd, 2010. I probably missed a few people, for that I am sorry. A special thanks goes out to the entire #beerfamily, you have all helped me. I am glad that I drove to Granville, OH a few months ago, it has changed my life for the better.

Well, that's all the emo shit that this site can handle. Time to be snarky and do something that would have pissed off my ex. She hated when I would post pictures of beautiful woman and especially anything related to Katy Perry. She claimed that I had a crush on her. First, who doesn't? Second, I know my readers enjoy my random pretty lady pictures I like to throw into a post. Here goes nothing and thanks again for your continued support, enjoy!



By: TwitterButtons.com
Feel free to "Like" my blog on Facebook or click the Facebook box located within the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers