Erin Andrews Video Photos Turns NY Post Writer Into A Virgin Blogger

The NY Post turned into a poor man's blog today. They wrote a story that publicized the pervert that took pictures of Erin Andrews' naked in a hotel room. I will not put a link to their story on my blog, since they did an insufficient job at writing the story and with censoring the photos. The photos, which are blurry and crude, have black boxes over areas that they couldn't print due to nudity. One of the photos, a full body shot, is so poorly censored that you could clearly see her backside, since the black box is a small, thin box that censors very little.

I know the NY Post isn't exactly the Wall Street Journal, but they should be held to higher standards. They clearly look at Google Trends and realize that the terms "Erin Andrews" and "Aaron Andrews" (a misspelling of her name) were both the top trends at one point yesterday and most of the weekend. I am guessing that the writer, Andy Soltis, who works for the Post Wire Service, went to journalism school. I don't want to put down bloggers, since I am one and a lot of my collegues are great people, but The Post is acting like a blog who's fishing for hits. "The Erin Andrews Rule" is when you post something about her, you will see a little spike in traffic. Nearly every major sports blog or "pretty girl blog" has a post just declaring how beautiful she is. The posts usually contains pictures of her on the sideline from curious point-of-views.

I am a writer who took many journalism classes in college. I know a little more than the basics when it comes to decent journalism practices. I understand that this is turning into a major story and once it becomes something that your readers want to know about, you must inform the readers. I don't have a problem with them writing a story about the photos, but publishing them they way that they did, was distasteful.

I think everyone who write for a blog would one day like to write for a major print publication or be in some other media. The NY Post makes me never want to read a newspaper again. I feel sorry for Erin Andrews and her family, she seems like a nice lady who just wants to do her job. I will never subjugate her as a sex symbol on my blog, I feel that she has already went through enough.

The NY Post should be ashamed and I hope that anyone who is upset about the photos being published will cancel their subscription. I hope this story goes away and whomever took the video/photos is prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

By: TwitterButtons.com
Feel free to "Like" my blog on Facebook or click the Facebook box located within the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers